Family Support and Visitation
Last updated February 12, 2021
Staff and residents across our centres continue to receive their second doses of the COVID-19 vaccine. Unfortunately, DSPs are not eligible for immunization at this time. Read more.
For more information about the COVID-19 vaccine, click here.
A Message from the CMOH:
December 18, 2020 - A message from Dr. Deena Hinshaw to residents/clients in continuing care. Read More.
December 18, 2020 - A message from Dr. Deena Hinshaw to families with loved ones in continuing care. Read More.
Dr. Deena Hinshaw is also asking for your continued vigilance at this very precarious time. Specifically,
Of residents, the CMOH is asking that you:
- Avoid going out of the centre when there is not a critical need
- Observe site rules for indoor and outdoor activities
- Reach out to your centre contacts for support if ongoing restrictions are causing you distress.
Of family members, the CMOH is asking that you:
- Continue to connect with your loved one(s) through telephone and other technologies
Of DSPs, the CMOH is asking that you
- Evaluate your need to be physically present at the centre (based on resident need)
- Connect with the person you are supporting by telephone and other technologies whenever possible
- Follow our Safe Visiting policy and practices when at the centre
- Follow public health guidance to minimize your risk.
If you must come to the centre, please ensure you:
- do not have symptoms that could be a sign of COVID-19
- have not had contact with anyone who does not follow the COVID-19 guidelines, or is being tested, or waiting for test results for COVID-19.
- maintain the masking protocols in the centre,
- limit physical contact with the person you are supporting, and ensure physical distancing whenever possible,
- limit your movements in the centre. Please go directly to your resident’s space and remain there for your visit.
Ensuring we practice these public health measures will help us get through the challenging weeks ahead, and help ensure further restrictions are not needed, closer to the holidays. We ask for your continued
December 31, December 23, December 7
November 24, November 13, November 5
October 30, October 27, October 23, October 15, October 8, October 1
September 24, September 17, September 11, September 4
August 28, August 20, August 13, August 6,
July 30, July 22, July 21, July 17, July 16, July 9
June 30, June 24, June 17, June 15, June 10, June 5, June 3
May 28, May 22, May 19 ,May 15, May 8, May 5, May 4, May 1
April 30, April 28, April 24, April 21, April 17