|Contact Us|CapitalCare Foundation|Alberta Health Services

Compensation Disclosure

CapitalCare is committed to transparency and has complied with legislation to disclose compensation for employees receiving over $125,000 in compensation as outlined in the Public Sector Compensation Transparency Act (Bill 5).

The compensation information released is total annual compensation, which includes base salary, overtime, shift premiums, weekend premiums, on-call pay, sick pay, vacation pay, and any taxable benefits such as life insurance, accidental death & dismemberment insurance, registered retirement savings plan (RRSP), and enhanced wellness.

The non-monetary benefits information includes employer paid portion of Canada Pension Plan, Employment Insurance, Local Authorities Pension Plan (LAPP), short-term disability, long-term disability, Alberta Blue Cross-medical & dental insurance, Workers' Compensation Board insurance, reimbursed health spending, and employee assistance program.

CapitalCare is one of the largest public continuing care organizations in Canada with over 2,700 employees. Our disclosure list is less than one per cent (0.6) of total CapitalCare staff, or about 17 employees. Approximately 35 per cent of this group are unionized staff, including registered nurses and pharmacists. Remaining 65 per cent are non-union senior leaders.

Download

Definitions

Compensation: Income plus taxable benefits paid to a member or employee. Excludes severance.

Other (non-monetary benefits): If total compensation is $125,000 or more annually, non-taxable benefits, including the public sector body’s share of pension, dental and health spending accounts and other benefits must also be disclosed.

Severance: Includes payments when employment or member’s appointment ends or retiring allowance.

Attachments (when required): An employment contract or severance agreement for employees who receive over $125,000 annually in compensation and/or severance. Links open as PDF files.

Notes

Iris Neumann retired as Chief Operating Officer October 30, 2015.

Thorsten Duebel retired as Administrator, Kipnes Centre for Veterans March 31, 2016.

Contact

For inquiries related to this disclosure, including information about the exemption process, please contact Linda Stevenson, Director, Finance.