8740 - 165 Street
Edmonton, Alberta T5R 2R8
CapitalCare Lynnwood is located in Edmonton's west end. The centre has 282 long-term care beds care and provides an environment that supports choice, autonomy and, where possible, independence. In addition to general long-term care, Lynnwood offers the following specialized programs:
Behaviour Assessment and Stabilization Unit:
- Individuals with a diagnosis of dementia who exhibit complex responsive behaviors are admitted for a comprehensive assessment and stabilization
- Following this short-term stay and once an ongoing care plan is established, individuals are moved to another care setting
Mental Health Unit
- A therapeutic and protective model of care within the continuing care system for elderly individuals with chronic mental illness and physical frailty
Enhanced Support Unit
- Individuals who have complex medical and psychiatric needs resulting in challenging and unpredictable physical and verbal aggression
- The environment has enhanced staffing levels in order to provide care and adequate oversight
- The care needs of these individuals cannot be managed in general long term care settings
Lynnwood also provides support services to Laurier House Lynnwood and McConnell Place West.
For More Information
Alberta Health Services - Community Care Access is the first point of contact for all CapitalCare centres and programs. Please call 780.496.1300.